You may find yourself looking at a particular CBD product and wondering how to get the most out of it in your given situation. Sadly, a lot of CBD products don’t describe the different ways of using it. That’s why we are giving you a guide on how to consume CBD!
The body has many different ways to consume medicines, supplements, and nutritional tools that all give a different desired effect. Before you endeavour in your CBD consumption, it’s first important to consider the type of effect you wish to feel.
Maybe you’re in a situation in which you’d like to feel the effects of CBD rather quickly. This could be anything from stress, pain, sleep, etc. One might not have much time to wait out an hour to help with these. However, speed is an approach much similar to a double-edged sword. The quicker your method of feeling the effect, the shorter it will last. Of course, not substantially shorter, but noticeable.
- Inhalation – Inhalation of CBD is actually the fastest available route to your bloodstream, as inhalation lets CBD be absorbed into your blood through your lungs, and bypassing the liver. Inhalation is typically available through e-juice, and can give the desired effect within minutes.
- Sublingual – CBD Oil can also come in the form of a droplet, or in a dropper. However, this method can be used with tinctures and concentrates as well. This hemp extract is applied under the tongue, typically with 2-3 drops, and then digested through the mucous membranes. Simply apply it under the tongue for up to 90 seconds, then swallow. This is favored as it can have the quickest and longest effect possible.
- Skin Application – Particularly salve, this method is best used for specific areas of pain, and the effects can happen within an hour, yet can last upward of 4 hours.
To simply put it, the way to feel the effects of CBD the longest also requires the most time to feel the effect.
- CBD Oil can also be mixed in with foods or drinks to feel the effect. This method allows CBD to pass through your digestive tract, and be treated by your liver. This takes longer than the other methods, but can help longer.
- CBD Edibles, of course, work in the same aspect, and have prolonged effects as well.
Bioavailability refers to how effective a component is absorbed by the body. Higher bioavailability means more effective draws. For example, research consistently shows that inhalation has the highest bioavailability, reaching around 56%. A product that contains 50mg of CBD will have 25mg be utilized. If you’d like to learn more about bioavailability, click here.
Not sure with how much you should use? Click here.
Medical Cannabis – Time for Change. (2018). Mike Barnes
A friendly reminder: please contact your physician for proper guidelines with CBD. Please also keep in mind that the administration of CBD is reliant on many factors. This can include weight, height, sex and recent food ingestion.
**The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not claiming to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Results from products may vary.**